Mission

We're here to educate consumers on healthcare. We will discuss everything from Healthcare Reform to quick tips in making complaints. The patient is an integral part of the healthcare team, and we will help you get an insider's view on how to navigate the healthcare system.

Monday, July 5, 2010

Choosing a Durable Power of Attorney, my thoughts

1. Diligence – I need to know that the person making my decisions will not jump at the first solution offered, but will provide enough due diligence to ensure that the most accurate and best care is afforded me.
2. Communication – I want to know that I have been listened to, and that this person is talking regularly with my care givers. I want to know what is going on, and I want to know as soon as the DPA knows. Only if I am unconscious is it okay not to keep me in the loop.
3. Tenacity – Doctors and nurses are short on time and overloaded with patients these days, so it will take tenacity to ensure that questions are answered and answered fully.
4. Patience – I’m most likely going to be scared, somewhat isolated feeling, and probably frustrated that I can’t make my own call. I am also quite stubborn and just need my DPA to understand that.
5. Humor – Again, scared over here, make me laugh to keep my spirits up. Even if I’m dying, I want happiness and humor around me to end my days.

1 comment:

  1. I think your suggestions are well stated. I also think it is crucial to be well educated on the responsibilities of a DPA (healthcare and/or financial adviser), so the best of care is provided for the person depending on it.

    ReplyDelete

avandia lawsuit

List your website in a premiere Internet Directory too! Our website is listed under Patient Education Directory